Call for Papers
Interactive Advertising and Contactless Fashion Experience
Journal of Interactive Advertising
Extended Abstract Submission to GAMMA Deadline: August 27, 2021
Full Paper Submission to Journal Deadline: November 30, 2021
The Journal of Interactive Advertising (JIA*) is seeking submissions for its Special Section on “Interactive Advertising and Contactless Fashion Experience,” which will also be the paper track title at the 2021 GFMC at Seoul / 2021 KSMS International Conference. Papers presented at this JIA track of the conference will be considered for publication in the Special Section in the Journal of Interactive Advertising. * JIA on Scopus: https://www.scopus.com/sourceid/21100886545
This Special Section aims to feature the papers that examine the intersection of interactive advertising and fashion consumer behavior under the contactless shopping environment that has been facilitated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Through the prolonged pandemic, consumers have learned to shop contactless and have been getting accustomed to it. Retailers and brands have been adapting to the change by introducing contactless marketing platforms to fulfill the needs of contactless shopping experience.
Over the past years, interactive advertising has provided new opportunities for fashion brands and products to connect with their target customers more personally through innovative ways driven by technology. As interactive technologies continue to evolve, newer platforms such as augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and voice/image recognition technology backed by artificial intelligence (AI) have vastly changed the fashion consumer experience. Such innovations have helped the transition to the contactless shopping experience that is likely to stay even after the pandemic.
Interactive advertising encompasses a variety of forms such as mobile, digital video/audio, programmatic, social, advergaming, interactive billboard, and behavioral advertising (Interactive Advertising Bureau, https://www.iab.com/). With the continuous advent of new technologies, interactive advertising presents tremendous opportunities for fashion experiences through digital and interactive platforms. The COVID-19 pandemic has become one of the most influential catalysts to expedite the use of such opportunities. This Special Section seeks to explore this phenomenon through theoretical lenses with empirical evidences and implications.
Following potential topics or any other topics that connect interactive advertising and contactless fashion experience are welcome.
• Technologies to enhance the contactless shopping experience (e.g., apps, self-checkout, contactless payments)
• Interactive advertising effectiveness related to fashion brand experience
• Social media and fashion/luxury brands (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, WeChat, Weibo, Pinterest)
• Fashion influencers, bloggers, and vloggers
• Personalization and customization in fashion advertising strategy
• Relationship marketing and fashion consumers
• Electronic word-of-mouth (eWOM) and fashion marketing
• Online product reviews and user-generated content (UGC) for fashion brands
• Online community for fashion consumers
• Consumer engagement for fashion brands in interactive environments
• Fashion brand management through interactive advertising
• Big data and fashion consumer behavior
• Ethical, societal, diversity and policy considerations related to fashion interactive advertising
• Corporate social responsibility and sustainability via interactive advertising for fashion brands
• Media technologies (e.g., AR, VR) and fashion brand experience
• Artificial Intelligence (AI) in fashion (e.g., Stitch Fix, online styling subscription service)
• Local and location-based fashion interactive advertising
• Cultural and global perspective of interactive advertising and fashion
Extended Abstract Submission to GFMC JIA Track
- Deadline: August 27, 2021 (Check GFMC website for any updates)
- Authors should submit an extended abstract including everything, which should be less than 5 pages (single-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, 1-inch margin on all sides).
- How to submit: Check GFMC website for the link and instructions. Be sure to select the “Interactive Advertising for Contactless Fashion Experience” JIA track.
- All papers will be reviewed for their fit, theoretical and methodological rigor, and contribution to both theory and practice.
Full Paper Submission to the Journal
- Deadline: November 30, 2021
- Manuscripts must be electronically submitted through https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ujia.
- Authors should select “SPECIAL SECTION: Interactive Advertising and Contactless Fashion Experience” as the manuscript type. Please also note in the cover letter that it is for the Special Section.
- All papers should be formatted according to the JIA Submission Guidelines: (https://www.tandfonline.com/loi/ujia20)
- For papers initially submitted to the 2021 GMC at Seoul, those selected by the Editor will be invited to submit full papers to this special section. Authors of those papers will be notified of submission to the JIA within two weeks after the conference.
- Papers presented at the GFMC JIA track and invited by the Editor will receive priority consideration for publication in the Special Section. The invitation to submit a full paper however does not guarantee a publication of the paper.
- All submissions are subject to the formal double-blind review process of JIA.
Inquiries should be directed to:
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Interactive Advertising